Medical Requirements for Op Tour

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Bad CO, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Anyone know where they are formally laid down pse?

2. For HERRICK, i'm pertty sure they're in the Mounting Instruction - avaliable on Dii.

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Do you mean med requirements for personnel or FET/OETs?

4. It's laid down in the HERRICK Mounting Instruction. Basically MFD and the rest need MRA or their App 9 completing. Apologies, that is a pretty broad brush answer but check the MI.

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Many thanks for that and I should have know that. I actually got asked the question by someone else so I'll point them at this thread.

6. Depends on the role on tour. The risk balance case must be completed so MLD doesn't necessarily mean Main Operating Base bound.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you for the answers, trying to figure out why a soldier with a legacy injury from Op Telic (3 mortars hit him) would be sent on Op Herrick without the cortizone injections that are needed to function daily. He was sent by a civvi doc on the basis he got his injection on arrival at Bastion but the hospital does not offer this sort of treatment. Illegal deployment?? The situation is a long winded battle and yes I am an ex crab fat Army wife......scorned......hell hath no fury.

8. Doe you know what his JMES was prior to deployment?

9. He was A4 L3 M6 E2 MLD but needed a risk assesment prior to deployment. Getting the injections was the only reason he was allowed to deploy. What does MDS stand for?

10. 'Illegal deployment?' FFS...

11. Yep 3 service complaints in and 3 for Medical Neg. "Illegal Deployment"......words of the Adj himself.

12. <<Checks forum>>

<<Checks spent most of her life in an RHQ>>

That's a pile of shit.

<<Shakes head in disbelievement>>

<<Shuffles off and waits for the debris>>

13. lol mint replies, just looking for basics on a JSP's, med forms etc not abuse. Cheers everyone!

14. Medical Deployment Standard (MDS). See pm.

As for illegal deployment, I think the Adj that said that may have been mistaken in his choice of words. For illegal insert either mistaken or poorly researched.

15. I'm sorry.

Those bins need emptying.