Medical related- Acne scaring

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Dan-the-man!, May 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there, I have ADSC in early June. Slightly worried about some acne scarring I have on my shoulders and a small amount on my chest. It's not "active" or puss ridden or anything like that, it's just dimples in my skin which are a bit off colour from my normal skin tone. Am I likely to get medical deferred ?

Any advice/ comments (except stupid ones) would be greatly accepted.

CHeers
    Dan

2. You'll be fine.

3. When is your ADSC? I also have bad scarring across my back.
    I also have one or two active spots next to my scaring which isn't going to help me at my medical.
    Due to my long and exhaustive list of medical treatment I've had for my acne I can't but worry that I may be deferred.

4. "3.10.2. Candidates with severe acne or involvement of the face, neck,
    shoulders, chest or back such that it would interfere with wearing military
    clothing or equipment
    should normally be graded P8, or entry should be
    deferred until the disease has been successfully treated. Candidates under
    treatment with Isotretinoin may be graded P2 eight weeks after completing
    successful treatment by which time most adverse effects have settled."

5. Have you tried rubbing sperm into the scars?......Not your own....other strange bloke's sperm works best apparently....in fact just join the Royal Signals!

6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I had the same except I still had active acne across my shoulders. The TA didn't care and it caused no problems with webbing etc. When I went to join the regular army the RAMC quack was concerned and asked whether the old shirt KF or webbing had caused a problem. When I assured he that it wasn't an issue I was passed fit.

7. If acne precluded you from joining we'd have an almost exclusively female army by now.

8. 5th and 6th June mate.

9. Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated. Might leave the sperm advice though :p

10. You've not seen the spotty bearded freaks in my unit then.

• Like Like x 1
  11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Para Reg is not for you then.

• Like Like x 2