Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Medical rejection and failed appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I applied to be a CMT in the TA. I went to my assesment centre and aced all the tests but had a medic deferral awaiting a smear test but thats not the issue. I panicked and circled past self harm on the form but i changed my mind as i was doing it but i had already started to make the circle.so i had to commit or else id look like a liar.
So the doctor at the time cleared me of it and passed me for it.
* i self harmed for a tiny little bit when i was like 12 (im now 24) it only lasted like a month and it was never escalated to ny GP as it was just a stupid phase. Besides my mums a psychiatric nurse... duh. Nothing wrong with me*
So a few weeks later i got the rejection through. I was livid as the dr had already passed me.
So i wrote an appeal letter and had my doctor confirm a statement blah blah blah. I cant be referred for a psych evaluation cause theres nothing wrong with me and theres no evidence cause i never went to the dr at the time as i didnt need to.
They rejected my appeal and spouted the same shit as before. However, the evening in whatever annex states something about it being over a few weeks being one episode (check) and that one episode over 3 years ago ( check it was like 13 years ago and i was ******* 12) is no bar to my application. What the hell.
They rejected saying i need evidence! What do i do? I cant give them anything.
HELP!!!!

Your Dr should have evidence of when etc. I asked my Dr for my whole medical record. I asked the NHS for my entire med history. I photocopied the bits I needed and send them to Crapita. Mind I had to do the work.

Hi, I applied to be a CMT in the TA. I went to my assesment centre and aced all the tests but had a medic deferral awaiting a smear test but thats not the issue. I panicked and circled past self harm on the form but i changed my mind as i was doing it but i had already started to make the circle.so i had to commit or else id look like a liar.
So the doctor at the time cleared me of it and passed me for it.
* i self harmed for a tiny little bit when i was like 12 (im now 24) it only lasted like a month and it was never escalated to ny GP as it was just a stupid phase. Besides my mums a psychiatric nurse... duh. Nothing wrong with me*
So a few weeks later i got the rejection through. I was livid as the dr had already passed me.
So i wrote an appeal letter and had my doctor confirm a statement blah blah blah. I cant be referred for a psych evaluation cause theres nothing wrong with me and theres no evidence cause i never went to the dr at the time as i didnt need to.
They rejected my appeal and spouted the same shit as before. However, the evening in whatever annex states something about it being over a few weeks being one episode (check) and that one episode over 3 years ago ( check it was like 13 years ago and i was ******* 12) is no bar to my application. What the hell.
They rejected saying i need evidence! What do i do? I cant give them anything.
HELP!!!!

The only person they can really contact for is your GP whom you would have submitted your medical to although my initial medical on joining was done with 3rd party doc who was down the road from the TAC, few questions

Do you have a history of this, that, this, that and he also contacted mine but that was a whilst back

There are plenty of other voluntary oppertunities although the Army Reserve certainly does offer some great prospectives, perhaps speak to the PSAO and see if he can see what is causing the issue with MO in deferring your application

You appeal, following the process that has been explained to you. You need to provide real evidence (ie from a professional) that supports your position, and has not been seen by the military assessors before. It will either be successful, or not.

You could also use the medical sticky thread in the regular recruiting forum where this type of question is asked several times per week and the exact same answer is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.