Medical regect

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jawa8879, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i would like to know what are the chance of a successful apel to join the army agaist being on incapacity benifit from 05/05/2005 to 05/01/2007 for depression and anxiety, Have taken no medication.

currently have a letter from gp saying Im showing no signs of anxiety or depression.

Have been preparing for army trainig all year and got my 1.5mile time down to 10:06 and keep improving my time.

The only medical problem stopping me from joining the army is A HISTORY of MENTAL ILLNESS (depression and anxiety).

Can anyone recommend what steps i should take now to increase my chances of joinging the army thanks.
  2. Are you saying that your application has been rejected due to a history of mental illness, and that yóu want to appeal?

I don't think your chances are very high, but they may increase if you can show a longer period of time than eight months (a couple of years at least) without any mental problems.

Best of luck.
  3. Yea from what I have learnt, give it a couple of years, 8 months is not longer enough. Don't loose intrest though, keep traing, you will get there in the end.
  4. mate i had a nervous break down. and i got a letter from my new school employers g.p. and my parents to say i have been clear etc . this was less then 2 years ago now. i was due to start on 2nd of septemer.

also because i had a bad a school report for fighting and saying a had behavioral problems a report from the police saying im violent.

itis possible.

J-J any further details PM me
  5. would the fact ive did cadets for 1 and half year help at all or is this all based on medical reports?
  6. In my experience, you will have to be 'report' free for at least 18 months.

Keep your nose clean, stay away from the 'chavs' and 'problem children' and keep training.

It will happen.
  7. ahh man that sucks.

another question is the medical center up scotland the same for the navy or raf?
  8. Jawa, you don't mention your age mate. Unless you are in your late 20's, don't worry. Use the time training and stay positive.
  9. Glencorse is exactually the same as everywhere else, there is no difference. (Apart from its in Scotland) Incoming expected

(I would 'expect' the same from the other 2 services).

Keep going.
  10. if you get a letter off your old platoon commander to say what sort of cadet you was if you got rank etc.
  11. mental illness is a prerequisite for joinin pwrr the 2nd battalion will take anyone
  12. I'm 19 DOB 12/10/1987

Waiting for 2 year med clear is alot of time to wait so im wondering if the navy or raf have different standards.
  13. Couldn't say, maybe somebody else could, but 21 doesn't make you an old man!
  14. no rank just 2 star
  15. dont give up seriosly. if you read my post anything is possible. i was ment to be clear for to years but i appealed and over turned the deferal.