Medical records

Hi,

I know this is most likely a pointless thread but I’m lost for answers.

I’ve applied to join the the army for over a year now and I cannot attend my assessment centre due to not being able to get my medical records.

I have asked my GP for them for months and months on end but I’m being told everytime I call them that my records haven’t been updated yet. I literally have never been to the doctors/had any surgery in my life.
I’m at the point now where I feel I’ll never get them and joining just isn’t going to happen for me.

Does anyone have any shred of an idea on what to do or who to speak to? I’ve tried so many avenues but it just goes around in circles with no one being able to take ownership of the issue to get it fixed.
Any help would be massively appreciated.

Hi,

I know this is most likely a pointless thread but I’m lost for answers.

I’ve applied to join the the army for over a year now and I cannot attend my assessment centre due to not being able to get my medical records.

I have asked my GP for them for months and months on end but I’m being told everytime I call them that my records haven’t been updated yet. I literally have never been to the doctors/had any surgery in my life.
I’m at the point now where I feel I’ll never get them and joining just isn’t going to happen for me.

Does anyone have any shred of an idea on what to do or who to speak to? I’ve tried so many avenues but it just goes around in circles with no one being able to take ownership of the issue to get it fixed.
Any help would be massively appreciated.
You could try making a complain to your local Healthcare trust, and if that gets nowhere escalate to the Healthcare ombudsman: Welcome to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman | Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

Latest Threads