Medical Question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by DarkD, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I recently applied to join the armed forces. My GP has just completed my medical form, I have to return them tomorrow. My question is in 05 I had some minor back pain, the condition was diagnoised as spina bifida occulta, having looked online at the entry requirements it claims spina bifida bars you from entry, but I have the least severe occulta. Having done other research online, some soldiers have the condition and yet are still serving as well as searching on other nations forces for comparisons, they accept my condition as fine due to it not being a big deal. I completed physio in May 07 and have not felt back pain since, I run 5 days a week, kickbox 4 days a week as well as the occasional weightlifting at the gym. I am able to do all this with no pain at all, on the medical questionaire the doctor put 'last seen for treatment in 06'. I asked my careers adviser and he said since I have had physio done and dusted with no pain at all than it should be fine. But I still have my reserves, will I be barred from entry due to my past condition?
  2. wait and see be patient grass hopper
  3. You should be, as your recruiter says, but the only people that can give you the final yay or nay with regards to the medical side of things are the MOs.
  4. Thanks for the reply Bradders, you too scriv. I suppose all I can do now is wait.
  5. No problem pal...