Medical Question

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Yazor, Nov 15, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll try my luck.
    I just applied to the British Army Reserves in hoping to become a REME Weapons Systems Engineer.
    My worry is that they might not let me on because when I was 15, I had 2 random epileptic seizures in the space of 4 days. I am now turning 22 and haven't had any seizure since. Those 2 seizures are the only ones I've had in my life. I was healthy and had no signs of anything before those seizures. I am not photo-sensitive or anything. I go to raves and concerts quite a lot and I have never felt like I was going to have a seizure considering how flashy those places can be. I can live my life normally and have permission from my doctor to do whatever I like in my life as he believes I'm safe from the seizures.

My question is, is there a possibility of the Army being lenient and letting me join? I understand it's a bit of a vague question however it's been bugging me for a long while.

2. take a look for JSP 950

3. oh sod it, here is the answer you don't want

p8 = unfit for any form of military service

4. I read that but was hoping there would be exceptions since I only had two random seizures in a short space of time which I believe the reason to be because I did a 48 hour gaming session non-stop without sleep or hydration a couple of hours before the first seizure. Haven't had any since. Would they let me on if they had permission from my doctor?

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Apply, get rejected, appeal. Only way to know for sure, but I wouldn't put money on a positive outcome.

Your "reasons" are unlikely to make a differenxe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.