Medical question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ryanp16, Mar 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, just submitted the online application form. I'm guessing a visit to the AFCO is what comes next. When after this does the medical form get issued to me?

There's also one or two things that may be an issue in my medical notes, such as a history of heart palpitations. I've been given the all clear by a cardiologist though, so should the supporting evidence be included with the medical form, or do I bring it to the actual medical? Also, when does that roughly take place?

Thanks!

2. With a history of heart problems, if I were you I would be preparing myself for dissappointment to be honest

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Submit with medical form and take copies with you.

4. Alright, thanks!

There's nothing wrong with my heart. I've had every possible test done; ECG, stress test, 24-hr monitor, event monitor and an MRI. All came back normal.

5. Dont worry about your heart. If it works fine and your healthy by a doctor you should be fine. They do pick you up on some odd things sometimes though. The fittest man I've ever met was nearly disqualified from a odd vein in his leg. He got through but only because he had to go through some futher medical tests.