Medical Question: help needed, replies appreciated!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by politicalien, Aug 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been looking at some of the Medical requirements for the army in the Joint Service Publication (JSP) 346 and found that some knee reconstruction (of my Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) for those who want to know) may classify me as L8 (Locomotion 8 = Medically unfit for service) which is THOROUGHLY disappointing.

However, it also says that, "some candidates who have had ACL reconstruction may be acceptable for entry providing the joint is stable..." which is great. In a footnote it then says: "Director Manning (Army) has published a policy (D/DM(A)/353 dated 16 Dec 05) allowing some candidates who have had ACL reconstruction to enlist. Reference should be made to guidelines published by single-Service Occupational Physicians responsible for the selection of recruits."

So my question is, where can I get hold of the policy D/DM(A)/353 published by Director Manning?

Any replies on this issue are much appreciated.

2. Welcome to the site, Politicalalien.

Visit your local recruiting office. Take the documentation with you and ask the question. They will trace the policy document and any updates, and advise you.

Litotes

3. Thanks Litotes, I'll do so tomorrow.