Medical Query

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by WeekendWariorBrown, Feb 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently in the process of trying to join the TA (Hartlepool Signals). I recently went for my selection weekend, but it was cut short and I was on the bus home shortly after my medical. The problem was a history of migraines, my previous 1 was approx 6 months ago, however apparently 2 within 2 years is a no go. I had a meeting with my CO last Tuesday but im afraid im no closer to any answers as the paperwork has yet to be recieved at my regiment.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if so, how long it took to get resolved / if you managed to get in at all.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Your unit will need to wait for confirmation of your results from the Med centre, this can take up to 4 weeks. You will then have the opportunity to appeal the decision by asking your civvy GP to write a letter of support. Your medical result will be reconsidered and you will then be informed of the final decision.

Your unit has no control over the medical results, it is entirely down to the army GPs.

3. Much appreciated for the feedback. Quite happy about that to be honest, as my civvy GP has been supportive regarding army paperwork so far :)