Medical notes check on initial application.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by new_recruit?, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, had my 1st interview and now have the pile of forms to complete. With regards the doctors notes, does anyone know what they will be looking for as a means of deciding yes or no? Cheers.
  2. The guide is all in the AFCO4/5 IIRC. Is there anything that would bar you from active service? If so you won't be able to join. You will have a full medical and you will have to sign stating that there are no medical reasons why you can't join.

Are there any reasons why you are concerned?
  3. Cheers for that. Nothing wrong physically, always been in tip-top condition but I did blag a few months off work a couple of years ago under the excuse 'stress', I just didnt want that to stand out like a sore thumb!
  4. as long as your physically healthy in general it shouldnt be a problem. what they can question is any ops you've had recently or anything like pins from broken bits, and medication you're on.
    they just do a bit of a phys check, then check eyesight, hearing and reflexes. its fairly straight forward, but i have known people to fail. dont think stress will be an issue though.
  5. Cheers, no medication other than 9 years ago - some pills for insomnia which were mild anti-depressants too. I never took 'em and never went for a repeat prescription (Stella worked better). Other than that, nothing. Fingers crossed.