Medical - Lazy Eye

Does anyone know whether the condition "Lazy Eye" or the medical term Amblyopic is a reason to fail the medical?

Cheers

The_0ne said:
Does anyone know whether the condition "Lazy Eye" or the medical term Amblyopic is a reason to fail the medical?

Cheers
no, not nessicarily. Someone I talked to in the army had 4 operations on his lazy eye. 2 before and 2 after joining the army.

From the army website (old one):

Eyesight Standards
The standard personal weapon is the SA80 and this requires vision in the right eye to be correctable to no less than 6/9. Vision in the left eye must be correctable to no less than 6/36. Spectacle correction must be no greater than -7diopters or +8 in any meridian.

Certain types of surgery or laser treatment to correct visual defects are unacceptable and clarification should be sought prior to application.

The standards required by the Army Air Corps are higher than for other branches: applicants should check current standards with the Army Air Corps.

Go to your local optition and ask him/her/it what your eyes are at.

PS. This is for Officers i think, but it is probably the same or similar for rankers

what site did you get that bit on eyesight... Ive actually just finished applying and I am shortsighted in my left eye, my right eye is perfect tho.
waiting for medical.

cheers

How did it go? i have lazy eye in my left eye, its not bad nor is it amazing, and my right eye has over compensated and is really good.

How did it go? i have lazy eye in my left eye, its not bad nor is it amazing, and my right eye has over compensated and is really good.
A lazy eye IN your left eye? Having two left eyes would be considered a bit of a hindrance to joining.

Now the sarcasm is out of the way, try looking on here for JSP 950.

enjoy

In the 8 years from his post to your reply, I suspect that the condition has healed naturally.

what happens with the 1000 yard stare if one eye is only managing 500?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
S Aviation 3
C The Intelligence Cell 15