Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical history issue when joining the royal marines

Hello I was born in England, but I moved to Ireland at 6 and have never really gone to the gp in Ireland, only through school to get a jab, so I don't have a history, I once went to the gp in Spain while I was on holiday though, I have gp history from before I moved to Ireland and I plan to go back to England a couple of months before I plan to apply to royal marines and will have a gp check up before hand hopefully, I've read online that military organisations like to have a full medical history, will this make any difference? To my application. Thanks

Tiger-Monkey2

War Hero
Well if you have had all the school jabs etc, and not been ill I see no problem. That is assuming that you are about 18 years old etc.

Don't you have a GP in Ireland? I imagine those are the records (even if rather sparse) that they'd be looking for.

Yes we have GPS in Ireland, but I had a hard time getting a place in one because I'm British and I live in the back waters of Ireland and they still harbour grudges I've never needed the gp, as I've never been ill enough,

Latest Threads