Medical Help Needed For My Application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Leelo94, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am just posting on here as I am looking for some information regarding the medical as I could not find what I was looking for.

I have submitted my application and have booked a date for my BARB test, but I am slightly worried about passing the medical. As about 5 years ago I had 2 heart operations.

1st - There was a small valve open that needed to be closed.
    2nd - Heart went up to 250bpm when taking part in activity.

Both of these issues have been resolved and my heart is completely fine. I was told from both of the surgeons that I do not ever need to declare this information throughout my life as it will never affect me again.

But I am still slightly worried that it is going to affect my application. If anyone could shed some light of give me some advice for my situation I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. You were told you never have to declare it? Hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jarrod! Have a heart...

4. Can you imagine waking up after surgery the doctor in a balaclava. 'Look son, forget this ever happened, tell no one but if anyone asks say that scar was acne'.

• Like Like x 2
  5. So do you not think that you will be asked about any stays in hospital, health conditions, heart issues etc, those Army medics are inquisitive folk you know.

What was your plan if you were asked such questions?

Don't give false information you will be caught out.

Every intervention with a health professional is on your medical records from cradle to the grave.

The surgeons may have said that you would not be affected again by the rectified condition, but that does not mean you do not disclose it when required to.

6. Can't you read? He doesn't have to declare it ever!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bye Lilo, say 'ello to Stitch for us.

Disclosure is your friend.

8. Thanks Jarrod my error, please accept my apologies for my faux pas, of course the army medics would not need to know of the cardiac surgery a person who was applying to join the army had undergone.

Society puts too much focus on matters of the heart, proof is all these bloody cards, gifts etc that are emblazoned with them today.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.