Medical Form

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by allyleventhal, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Cant get through to my unit on the phone atm, so ill ask here...The medical form which is mostly meant to be filled out by my GP, do i go to him to get him to fill it out, or do i just complete what im meant to and the TA get in touch with my GP?
  2. You need to take the form to your GP and ask him to complete it, he’ll then send it back to your unit when he’s done.
  3. You complete the sections relevant to you, checking with your GP if any queries to be as accurate as poss.
    Doc conducting your Recruit Medical will complete the parts he has to and then should tell you, at the end of the medical, if there are any dramas
    ie overweight/underweight, hearing probs or whatever :highfive:
  4. If you ask your GP to complete the form, he will give you a bill for around 65 quid. The TA are unable to pick this up, so it is easier to complete it yourself, asking the practice to answer any questions.

    As stated earlier, when you have your medical the RMO will be able to ask officially for any medical history he needs and the bill will than be paid by the army as they need the info.

    Hope this helps
  5. Cheers bud, ive had no medical problems at all so it should be easy enough for me to fill out without going to the GP?