medical form sent back and medically fit

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by digimate, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, dun barb, sent medical form back, its been accepted and ive been asked for an interview.

is this interview a suited shirt and tie formal interview and i know i need to bring my 1.5mile time but is there anything else that i need to know or that would be handy?

2. Yes look smart, a shirt and tie will go down well,You could be asked on job briefs so make sure you know them.

3. I got asked alot about the regiment i want to join. Would be a good idea to learn about yours

4. Sounds like it will be the 2nd one, i just got my med forms back too. Confirming my interview date on Friday. From what ive heard turn up smartly dressed, be positive and try to learn a bit about the role and regiment. Apparently they ask a bit about your reasons for joining and what youre family think of it etc.

Cant really help much more than that as im still waiting myself but good luck with it mate. When is the interview?

5. Yeah look smart, shirt tie and shoes maybe a suit depends how you feel! make sure you know excatly what you want to do and you will be fine! Just dont forget yourself.... Good Luck!

6. Did mine last Mon, 3rd interview Wednesday this week: any tips?

7. cheers for the advice

i got the interview on thursday, im going for RMP so do i still get a say in which regiment i join cause i just thought that they put you wherever they need ya, but cant say i know alot about that sorta thing.

8. Have you already had your job brief interview/chat and given your job descriptions for your three preferences???
    If so your recruiter should of told you what to expect on your formal Recruiters interview and checked on your run times prior to this as it would be pointless conducting it if your not at the required fitness.

There are lots of threads on the Recruiters interviews but just turn up smartly dressed in suit and polished shoes (shirt trousers and tie if not got a suit). Be polite, confident and do most of the talking.dont fidget or try and be cocky but know your job briefs inside out that you have been given. You will be asked questions on family, relationships, crime, drugs, sports, school, extra mural activities etc then on why you want to do your job. Just be confident and you should be ok.

9. I found that having the odd (good) joke helped break the ice at the start of the interview with the Recruiter and it seemed to go down well from there, most of all just do as The_IRON said, be smart, keep calm, be positive, smile and know what you want to do. The hardest questions i got asked were what weapons do you know we use "GPMG, LMG, SA80 etc" so dont worry.

10. hi all.
    ive got my interview wednesday and my recruiter said i only have this interview then i go to adsc could anyone tell me how long i will have to wait after interview for my adsc date. thanks in advance.

11. hi all.
    ive got my interview wednesday and my recruiter said i only have this interview then i go to adsc could anyone tell me how long i will have to wait after interview for my adsc date. thanks in advance.please help!!!!!!