Medical, Febrile convulsions.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Matty0001, May 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When i was a child i suffered from febrile convulsions which basically means my body throws a hissy fit when my temprature reaches boiling point. I heard the army isnt a fan of fits.

I've obviously now outgrown them, but is there any risk of me being deffered because of the history :? .

2. i doubt it , unless you still have problems regulating your body temperature

3. If it happens when your in the middle of a firefight in Afghanistan where it isn't exactly cold, imagine the impact on the fire-team. I'm sure there will be some sort of deferral date. I'm no doctor thats just a random guess.

4. Get a note from your GP confirming that they ended in childhood. That should be fine. They may want to check out more, but I doubt it.

5. Matty, any child that has had a high temp has probably suffered from febrile convulsions....whilst scary at the time, particularly for parents theyre awfully common. Adults reacts differently to high temps ergo it isnt worth even mentioning it mate. Good Luck.

6. The only time my temprature would now rise is if i came up with a bad illness. Then if it does rise it can be kept normal with something simple like paracetamol. Just like any normal person.

I will never suffer from a febrile convulsion again, as i said, its a child hood thing because the brain is still growing.

My gp has sent the med questionaire to my local office, hopefully pointing out that it ended in child hood.

Thanks strewth, and to everyone else who posted a reply.

7. Got med forms back today, apparently i have never been ill since 1994 (4 years old). That 65 pound cheque payed off :twisted:

8. I watched italy 90 (world cup) when you was born.

9. England drew with R.O.Ireland 1:1 just a few hours before i was born.