• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Medical Failed

Hi all, I was told 2 weeks ago that i had passed my medical and my final interview on the 5th October. Today i called my recruiter up to ask him a couple of questions and he tells me he mad a mistake and that i didnt pass my medical. What a kick in the teeth!. Does this kind of thing happen alot?

Hi all, i got my letter a week ago. It said i was deferred because of deliberate self harm and that i couldnt automaticallty appeal or something. It happend 2 years ago and i had forgotton about it. I was thinking about going to a psychiatrist just to prove that i'm ok. Can someone tell me where i can go from here.

Cheers!

Hi, it didnt say. All it said was that i didnt have an automatic right to appeal, so i think i'm not ever allowed to join the army.

It seems like its a mission just to get pass the application stage. I just hope i get in because it would be a damn shame if i didnt.

Thuggerz, did anyone tell you that you got your name in the paper?

nice article, im sur if its supposed to be pro or against te afghan war but what the hell.

anyways, im ginda interested in your situation because i have been to the doctors before for self harm, and although a that point is was only very mild he is still going to write down personal problems on my questionnaire.

I seriously dont want to get rejected as the only thing i am good at is handling myself in stressful and dangerous situations, and there arent many other jobs where that comes up . . .

i just got a call from the recruiter today saying it was all fine and i have my interveiw next friday. hopefully this means they didnt have a problem with my medical history. I suppose it all depends on what wording the doctor used.

turbobr0 said:
nice article, im sur if its supposed to be pro or against te afghan war but what the hell.

anyways, im ginda interested in your situation because i have been to the doctors before for self harm, and although a that point is was only very mild he is still going to write down personal problems on my questionnaire.

I seriously dont want to get rejected as the only thing i am good at is handling myself in stressful and dangerous situations, and there arent many other jobs where that comes up . . .

I'm curious, when did you find out you were good at it?

devilish said:
turbobr0 said:

I'm curious, when did you find out you were good at it?
Last time it happened. You know, when he "self harmed" himself!

well its not worth going into to be honest, of course i have never been in a warzone and cant compoare exactly to that, which is exactly what you will try and belittle me by doing.