Medical examination

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 2lives, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening all.

I'm in the process of joining the TA.

Can anyone out there please tell me about the medical examination and what it entails.

I don't have any medical problems but would like to know what is involved in the examination.

Any info appreciated.

2. Nah, it would be too easy!

It's just a general physical, two arms two legs etc, no history of .... things like asthma, eyesight, blood pressure.

Nothing drastic.

3. The doc asked me if I could carry a rifle and was my liver strong enough to cope with the drinking.

I lied on both counts, and he passed me. :twisted:

4. It's ok as long as you're not allergic to latex. :lol:

5. I did my test a few days ago, so maybe i can help. All they did with me ... tick boxes to say you have or have not had serious illnesses, did an eyechart test *im short sighted and i could read the bottem line* they did a hearing test with me, blood test checked my knees and that was mine done.

6. Great - thanks for the replies.

7. enlistment medicals are straight forward.cmt/rma does the run up's,height,weight,bloodpressure,piss test,eye test-colour blindness test,lung capacity test.hearing test,then the m.o does his /her thing.checks all your limbs-two of each is the normal!,checks your heart,wee grope of the snake,eyes ,ears,what illnesses you have had,etc,etc.nothing serious to worry about.