Medical downgrade

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Quin_2_J, Oct 28, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone help!

My Medical Officer on unit has told me he may recommend that I be medically downgraded. I have had 3 lower limb injuries (2 the same) all attributable to excessive weight carrying. I have had a lot of physio and other treatments between injuries but to no avail. He has said I am suitable for other trades (Admin) etc so the injury :?: will not end my career.

Does anybody know what the score is?

Thanks

2. You need to get some answers before you make any decisions.

1. What will your downgrading be i.e. LE, HO etc?
    2. Permanent or Temp?
    3. How will it affect your current role/trade (promotion etc)?
    4. If you do decided to transfer to another corps or Arm, what is the minimum PES for that one?

Speak to your Practice Manager (at the medical centre) for advice, he should help.

3. 1. What will your downgrading be i.e. LE, HO etc?
    2. Permanent or Temp?
    4. If you do decided to transfer to another corps or Arm, what is the minimum PES for that one?

as above really, if your unhappy with what your told ask for a second opinion!

4. 1. What will your downgrading be i.e. LE, HO etc?
    2. Permanent or Temp?

I couldn't think of anything to say so I copied....sorry :?

5. Why not try a salad every now and then, you fat fcuk.

6. mmm, I don't think that was quite called for, unless of course you are bezzy mates....

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Muckster meet DS, DS meet Muckster.

8. dont worry about being down graded because in the world of equal rights you can never be over looked for promotion or anything, makes you wonder why the rest of us even bother trying! just sit back skive pt no stagging on get some one to carry your bergan or better still dont go on exercise in case you legs give way. couldnt think of anthing better. reap the rewards my friend. LAMINATED BIFF CHITS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!