Medical dispute

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ironmanshock, Apr 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My medical clearance has been put on hold. Since they started to ask me for more information everything seems to be taking weeks to happen. They queried my medical in January, every time they have asked me to send them something I have done with a number of days. However replies seem to take an age. When I call to chase them up they always say to wait 10 days and if I hear nothing call again. Has anyone else experienced these problems and if so how long did it take to get a definitive answer?
  2. Have you been assigned a CSM and contacted them yet? I had the exact same problem and had been phoning for two weeks to try and get things sorted. I was given various numbers and told I would be contacted by my CSM the same day but it never happened. I did eventually get through to my CSM and have got an interview date for tomorrow.

There is no real exact waiting period you either get lucky and have it cleared in 2 weeks once you send the information off or it could take much longer especially since the new system. Just make sure you know all the important information to be assigned the correct CSM. Such as job choice etc and where you are exactly in the process and let them know when you applied

3. I haven't been assigned a CSM no. I had a sponsor when I applied but with the new system change do not seem to have anyone that I can contact directly. I'm waiting for a date for my AOSB briefing. Just need my medical to be cleared first. How do I go about getting a CSM assigned to myself?
  4. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

All applicants have been assigned a CSM at the NRC. Ring the 0845 number on the Army Jobs website, give them your details and they should be able to find out who it is.
  5. I had a big delay at the start of my process asking for medical records on a fractured skull. Those records were from a military hospital in Germany that had since been closed. Eventually it will muddle through, speed is not really the name of the game I've found, and the change to recruiting process may also cause hindrance.
  6. Thanks for all the responses. Funnily enough they emailed me today saying I had medical clearance and that I am free to carry on with my selection. For some reason I didn't have a csm assigned to me either, getting somebody assigned tomorrow. I think this is probably because of the changes happening a month or so after my aca Interview