Medical Discharges & Compensation - Useful Information

Contact @Forces Pension Society for awards and amounts but I'm a bit surprised at PTSD and depression being rejected by veterans uk (OK I'm not that surprised). If you don't mind sharing on a public forum, to what are they related to and are they fully recorded on your medical records?

The event that caused the PTSD was not military related but the depression I have never had before just like the PTSD prior to joining the Army, but they are saying the depression is linked to the event that happened in 2012 but it isn't I feel. And I never knew I had PTSD but DCMH said I have it and it was dianogised in 2016. First time on my medical records will show PTSD and depression is from when I have been serving.

The event that caused the PTSD was not military related but the depression I have never had before just like the PTSD prior to joining the Army, but they are saying the depression is linked to the event that happened in 2012 but it isn't I feel. And I never knew I had PTSD but DCMH said I have it and it was dianogised in 2016. First time on my medical records will show PTSD and depression is from when I have been serving.
I note with interest your original post has disapeared.

From your latest post I'm sorry but I can see why veterans uk refused your award. If your PTSD was not caused by military service then you are quite simply not entitled to compensation. Also, whether you "feel" your depression is not linked to your PTSD or not the medical staff obvious believe it is so, unless you can actually prove otherwise then again their decision stands I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Hi was wondering if anyone can shed light on question I have please. Currently looking at possible medical discharge and was looking at armed forces compensation scheme and get the levels you need to get gip,as I understand if I get discharge for same injury my gip is adjusted by my full medical pension which I understand .But what about if Im assesd in band d which is 30 percent of my annual wage which for me is 9k and I get my medical pension on afps 75 which is 5k year. If by that calculations my pension would than be 4k year which can't be right. All the other bands 50/75/100 percent I'd be obviously better of, any help would be much appreciated.