• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Medical Discharge

Got my date for my medical discharge from occupational health in APC Glasgow, but can anyone tell me who decides which Tier you recieve apparently it not APC?????? any info ^_^

I contacted JPAC reference medical discharge pension lump sum and they have said I will receive 3 x my pension enhanced. What does this mean (before anyone says yes I am stupid) is this 3 x my 22 year money or 3 x a years pension payment. Can someone give me a clue (rank Sgt 22 year service)

E

EScotia

I contacted JPAC reference medical discharge pension lump sum and they have said I will receive 3 x my pension enhanced. What does this mean (before anyone says yes I am stupid) is this 3 x my 22 year money or 3 x a years pension payment. Can someone give me a clue (rank Sgt 22 year service)
3 x annual pension

going right back to basics, is your knee injury pre April 2005 or post April 2005?

pre April 2005 you will have your paperwork considered under the War Pension Scheme (WP works on a % scheme)
post April 2005 you will have your paperwork considered under the AFCS scheme (AFCS works off a Tiered sceme)

just because you are getting MD'd doesn't mean you will automatically get an award off of either scheme.

I and probably others who have already posted, will suggest you read previous posts in the AFPS thread located here

Armed Forces Pension Scheme

as they will give you all the info you need, or at least contacts of who to speak to

Right, I have got some more info (not exactly brilliant but hey), and will try and put the links up tomorrow after school. It's all easily accessible off the internet, but fortunately some of us are willing to look for it and not just sit on their fat arrses and wait for other people to do it for them.

I sincerely hope that came across the right way.

That's ******* bollocks actually, you lazy twats - if I can find it - you can.

Right, I have got some more info (not exactly brilliant but hey), and will try and put the links up tomorrow after school. It's all easily accessible off the internet, but fortunately some of us are willing to look for it and not just sit on their fat arrses and wait for other people to do it for them.

I sincerely hope that came across the right way.

That's ******* bollocks actually, you lazy twats - if I can find it - you can.
That, Dale, depends on your view of what is the "right way". :)

Lits

Latest Threads