Medical Discharge

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Lordfelcher, Aug 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are facing medical discharge, how do you find out how much money you are entitled to?

2. It depends on which bit has been cut off!

3. when you go in front of a med board, they will give you a percentage disability and whether it is attributable or not. The higher the percentage and if it is attributable, the higher the payout.

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

thats crap madmackem14, the med board recommends you for MD the civvy cnuts in Blackpool then give you the percentage then you have to fight them to achieve a decent award, very seldom do they hand out what you deserve initially, be prepared for a long hard slog and whatever they give you if you feel its not appropriate appeal immediately

5. Go speak to your local British legion, they will fill you in on alot of details regarding MD

6. Also, whilst speaking with the British Legion, if your injury was caused on active military service, you may be able to claim a War Pension. Also be prepared for a long hard slog for this though.

7. Spanish_Dave

[ Also be prepared for a long hard slog for this though.[/quote]

took me 2 years to accept what I wanted, so be prepared to fight it out

8. thanks for the info, i pretty much guessed that i would have a fight on my hands! Im hoping the fact that the sports store issued faulty skis for adventurous training will ensure its attributable.

9. Spanish_Dave

get all the concrete evidence you can mate, ski's if possible any reports etc

10. Exactly correct - get your medical centre to give you ALL your medical notes under the Freedom of Information Act use the SAD on the intanet for the request they have to respond in 20 days - with all the info.

Then on exit submit your claim - good luck

12. MAD, You would be refuesed access to your Med Records if you tried an enquiry under the FOI, ..... however if you you make a request (SAR) using the Data Protection Act you will get a copy of your record.

In most cases the Veterans Agency (VA) (new name for the War Pensions Agency) will use your final medical and medical records to "paper board" you and will then assess the nature, cause and level of your incapacity and from that will come your award.