medical discharge pay??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by tochy01, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am in the process of being discharged for a broken femur. I injured my self training and was of for 5 months. I got back to fitness but cant run because of my injury. The MO looked at an xray an decided i was unfit to serve for 12 months hence being discharged. I was just wondering what, if anything, I would be entitled to?
  2. If your inury was due to service then you should claim off the armed forces compensation scheme. There are 15 levels of compensation that can be awarded from level 1 to 15. 1 being the highest ammount. If you are awarded between 1 to 11 you will also get a GIP- This is an income payement which is tax free payable for life once you leave the service. This scheme replaces the old medical pension.
  3. the GIP you will receive is pretty much based on your ability to gain meaningful employment. So as long as your able to sit behind a desk and get in and out of a car in the long term you wont get much.