Medical Discharge & confused!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Fozza, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone

I have been earmarked for medical discharge & have got the f*****g arrse about it! In may 2010 i partially tore my acl in my left knee, september 10 i had surgery 7 was fixed, done

April 2011 - Accident during a run, completely ruptured the same ligament. This October i have been booked for ACL reconstruction to fix me once and for all. However, even though the success rate is 95% i have still had to fill out an Appendix 18 adn have been told i will be getting Md'd. Was i wrong to think that if surgery would fix me and return me to service i would stay? I must note i'm a Snut and awaiting my first posting.

2. good question well presented, have you tried posting this in the RHQ & Medical forums Fozza????
  3. Fozza

Are you at the Magical place that is Chatham or stuck in purgatory. I can answer all your PAP 10 Q's
  4. Can i PM you a question SD?
  5. HS Sure you can
  6. ahh i'm at 'the magical place' I been told that if i was at my unit i would be 'saved'
    Is there anything i can do to delay my discharge. I've tried every excuse i can think of and none seems to make any difference. Would i be able to re-enlist if i recover well?

thanks for any answers you can give me
  7. just grizz it until you get through training then 'hurt' yourself out on a run or tab when you are at your unit. I have seen people have an easy life for the last few years using this method. Fine men