Medical Discharge Cell, APC Glasgow

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by EScotia, Nov 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone got either the mil or civ numbers for the Med Discharge Cell at APC? I've been waiting over 4 months for my discharge date and my AGC Admin support are as usefull as chocolate ashtrays on a motorbike/tits on a bull!

2. Escotia,

Check PMs.

3. Cheers, number was good & I now know what's happening.

4. hi could you please pm me that contact number EScotia thanks

5. pm sent

6. thanks

7. lol rang them and they cant tell me what tier im on either they said contact pensions ,they told me they dont know either this is a very anoying process

8. Shock horror.

No one knows. They are all about the money.

They need to stand by for some Slug love.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Probably because it's down to SPVA Norcross as they deal with AFCS & WP:

Tariff
    Tables of injuries and corresponding lump sum awards dependent on the severity of the condition.

Veterans Agency (VA)
    The MOD Agency that administers the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and the War Pensions Scheme (WPS), and authorises appropriate payments.

a. Band A - tariff levels 1-4. 100% of the GIP calculation. It is assumed that claimants who are awarded benefits at these tariff levels will be unable to work again.

b. Band B - tariff levels 5-6. 75% of the full GIP calculation. It is assumed that claimants who are awarded benefits at these tariff levels will be able to work, but with a significantly reduced earnings capacity.

c. Band C - tariff levels 7-8. 50% of the full GIP calculation. It is assumed that claimants who are awarded benefits at these tariff levels will be able to work, but that their earning capacity will be reduced by around
    half.

d. Band D - tariff levels 9-11. 30% of the full GIP calculation. It is assumed that those who are awarded benefits at these tariff levels will be able to work, but will still experience a noticeable loss of earnings due to
    their condition.

e. Band E - tariff levels 12-15. No GIP is payable as it assumed that earnings capacity will be unaffected.

You need to read JSP 765 and the appropriate legislation (link in another topic) to get a fuller understanding of AFCS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm not playing the "game" anymore.

11. it does begger belief that when being discharged a very stressfull situation for anyone especially injured that they make it virtualy impossible for you find out exactly how much money your going to get when your going to get it ,and what level of dissability your on
    all i know is im being invalided out on QRs 1975 p 9.387 which EScotia has explained what that meens but i cant work out what level or tarif and my camp admin is no help what so ever, ive got AFCS 05 form to fill out but been told not to do that as mine will be automatically decided once ive left service.

12. Who told you your AFCS will be done automatically? Ring SPVA and ask for written confirmation (with a name and legible signature at the bottom) that it will be done automatically for you, I'm 99.999% sure you'll find that does not happen. Tell them you need this as you want it for your records in case you have been given incorrect advice. Oh, and ask for an SPVA Welfare visit.

You really think you've been through stress during the Med Discharge process yet; wait and see if SPVA agree your AFCS claim at a reasonable level before you decide. I hope you fly through SPVA Norcross but not everyone does.

If you find yourself ringing SPVA Glasgow or Norcross remember most of the time you're speaking to little more than a call centre so try not to get arrsey, I have done and have apologised on several occasions :thanks:. Also even they can't speak to pensions so don't expect to get put through and remember, every bit of written, emailed or spoken info you give goes on your record that they can call up if needed!

13. (this is on the SPVA website i did call them to ask about this and was told mine would be automatic) If you are medically discharged from the Armed Forces, the SPVA will, in some circumstances, automatically consider any illness/injury that contributed to your medical discharge, without the need to submit a claim form.

In all other circumstances, claims for compensation under the Scheme must be made on a AFCS/WPS01 claim form signed and dated by the claimant, or by someone authorised to do so on their behalf. AFCS claim forms can be downloaded here

14. I refer you to my earlier post, and for good reason. I and several others have been told it is done automatically only to find out it isn't. Their web site is very out of date and they are aware of this! Depending on who you speak to depends what answer you get, hence why I said "ask for written confirmation (with a name and legible signature at the bottom) that it will be done automatically for you,"

​

• Like Like x 1
  15. ok thanks