Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Medical Deferral, What Now?

Remy

Swinger
Yesterday, i received a medical deferral for a migraine i had around a year ago. I will have to wait until l April 2020 (14 months from now) before i can even reapply. Obviously i am gutted as i had my heart set on this but such is life and i very much plan to reapply in April of next year. Instead of joining at the age of 19, i will be 21 when i start basic training, if all goes well. I'd like to know the benefits of joining at the age of 21 instead of 19, and how the 14 months wait could affect me. Any and all advice is welcome, thanks.

Go grab some life experience, and enjoy some freedom before you go into the Green Machine!

No real difference in training terms I don't think

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

That sucks man. Could I ask. did you get your deferral at the AC or when you had to send in your medical files?

Found out after sending my medical records off. Weird part is, i had previously passed that part of the application when applying for the Army Reserve.

I started phase 1 last week and have been medical deferred for 4 years due to a bad chest but had the flu and cough on the day, iv been the doctors now and they have have me the all clear but yet to go again in 4 weeks to do peak flow again and if I pass the doctor will say I'm good, does anyone reckon that's good enough for me to put my apeal in as I don't want to wait 4 years and doctors saying im okay