Medical - Cannabis

Hi all,

Had a medical ahead of my AOSB a couple weeks ago and the Dr said they needed a bit more info about a past injury, no biggie. However i did admit to having smoked cannabis a couple of times a couple years ago (during freshers).
Will that affect my application? I asked them if it would affect my but application and i was told no but im not too sure.

Cheers

Also, don't worry. Just admit to it in future security clearance interviews. No dramas.

People have taken drugs before joining the forces, as long as you do not do it whilst you are in then there is no problem.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Is it a crime to hit a student across the back of the head with a snooker ball in a sock?

Is it a crime to hit a student across the back of the head with a snooker ball in a sock?
Only if you do it in front of witnesses.

No witnesses, deny everything!!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Only if you do it in front of witnesses.

No witnesses, deny everything!!
"Oooh, I smoked a bit of weed during freshers"

SMACK

IMG_1597.JPG
At least you have avoided the path of sin and deprivation...the Army will set you right

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
It will be considered in your application. Some of the posters are absolutely right. If you lie, it can get horrible.

A couple of tokes is nothing. Its not a lot different to the DS asking if you have ever been pissed before AOSB. (RCB in my day) Honesty is everything.

If you turn up at AOSB with twenty baggies, and at smoke break you are surrounded by purple smoke and get the munchies then you may have some issues. Equally if you say to the staff, "Yes I have been drunk every day for some weeks now, and I like single malt and buckfast weetabix for breakfast" your options may be limited to some Scottish regiments or the RAMC.

Latest Threads