Medical board

Good evening, I am am currently going to the Medical board and being discharged after my injury last February I have been put MND due to being diognosed with FND ( functional neurological disorder) I will not be able to work a normal job due to me having to use cruches everyday and having problems with driving aswell, would anyone be able to tell me or give me a heads up on what is most likely going to come out of this Med board. I have been told by RMO he has put forward for me to go on on the highest tier with a pension, but I’m unsure as everything has changed again as he expects me to go out on what my expect rank would of been after 24 years

Mosquito

Old-Salt
Good evening, I am am currently going to the Medical board and being discharged after my injury last February I have been put MND due to being diognosed with FND ( functional neurological disorder) I will not be able to work a normal job due to me having to use cruches everyday and having problems with driving aswell, would anyone be able to tell me or give me a heads up on what is most likely going to come out of this Med board. I have been told by RMO he has put forward for me to go on on the highest tier with a pension, but I’m unsure as everything has changed again as he expects me to go out on what my expect rank would of been after 24 years
Have a look at the latest AFCS legislation and scroll down to Schedule 3 to see which of the descriptors most closely matches your difficulties.: The Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation Scheme) Order 2011

I'm not clued up on FND but I know that the condition covers a broad range of challenges, with each person being different. Has your FND been accepted as service-related / service-worsened? What are the actual problems that your FND causes you?

Yes it was accepted as an injury due to service. I am unable to walk without the use of cruches cannot stand for no longer than 10 minutes and need a chair beside me at all times, I get bad tremors / spasms in my leg that I cannot control and I am unable to be kept In service due to my injury as it affects my day to day job and everything I do

Have you spoke to a prosthetist in conjunction with a physio. It may be possible that some orthopaedic support can help you. It won’t save your career, but it will make your life easier.

No mate, cheers but when I’ve asked been told continue doing physio which it doesn’t help at all and swimming helps a small bit. Been told my recovery since my injury and diognoses I should have improved in the slightest but I haven’t my injury has just got worse. Have also just come back from the MB and my unit is trying to get me home on sick leave, without knowing my last day in unit, no info or communication or insight into what help I can recieve either and not knowing what I will possibly recieve due to my injury as it has affected my unexplainable not being able to move without a use of cruches and having my whole career turned upside down and a very limited amount of jobs I can apply for in CIVI street with my injury due to not being able to control my condition or mobilise

Mosquito

Old-Salt
Sorry to hear about your tough times and that you feel so uninformed about the stages that lie ahead. One of the big things to know is whether you are going to be medically discharged (which it sounds like you are) because those being medically discharged get more support.

Initially, I recommend you get hold of a copy of your medical records and your military service history by submitting a Subject Access Request. Go to Military service records form.

If I were you, I'd get in touch with the RBL and ask their advice about both your upcoming transition and the pension side of things. They'll be able to advise you on areas of support that you can receive at this time and following your discharge.

That’s correct, Thank you for the guidance about what to do seems like I’m just getting told to run around in circles and nobody wanted to give me any answers

Latest Threads