Medical Board

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by 7943Noel, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I gave my notice to terminate service after returning from maternity leave last year, during that time I was temp downgraded. My terminal leave starts today. The problem is I had a pre release medical on the 14th, the doctor spoke briefly about my grading and then said we will discuss it in more detail in march when I am due a grading board. I phoned up on Monday the 18th to book an appointment only to be told by the receptionist the doctor has already decided on my grading. However I still made an appointment so I could find out what was going on. To my surprise the doctor held a medical board on the 15 without making me aware or informing me of the board, but has said on the Fmed 23 that I was present and fully aware of the board, and I was happy to be downgraded. He even entered my regimental number rank and name and put a date close to my details. When I approached him he said although he recommends Pap 10 it should not affect anything. I told him then why lie on the Fmed 23 to say that I was aware of the proceedings. Can anybody advice me on how to approach this matter.

2. Speak to your Unit HR to see if you are better of on the termination or the PAP10 discharge. If the PAP10 is a better option stick with it but request the FMed 23 is amended to reflect the truth. If not, make a formal complaint of falsification of medical docs through your CoC.

Shiny

3. You may have misunderstood what has taken place. I'd strongly recommend reading PAP 10 before you take any further action. Pay particular attention to Chapter 9 and Appendix 2.

4. There is a med board appeal form in PAP 10

5. Quick update. The doctor did not follow the correct procedure reference my Pap 10 document. So i made a SC for Mis conduct. They want me to do a proper medical board on the 09/05. Can they do a Medical Board now I'm out the Army?

6. From QRs:

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]CHAPTER 11 - RETIREMENT, DISCHARGE AND TRANSFER TO THE RESERVE
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]SECTION 1 - DOCUMENTATION GENERAL
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]02.11000. General.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]a. Throughout this chapter 'discharge' means Retirement, Discharge or Transfer to the Reserve as appropriate.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]b. A unit's responsibility to an officer or soldier does not end on 'discharge' until all procedures, including associated documentation, have been correctly completed.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

They can certainly ask you to attend a medical board but it is your choice whether to attend or not, it may well be in your own interests to go.

They should pay reasonable travelling costs so ask, and take someone with you.

7. Thank you I will certainly attend the board tomorrow and hopefully it's done correctly.

8. If you need any phone numbers to help, let me or EScotia know.

9. I would appreciate any help I don't really have a vast knowledge of the medical board process. If the Doctor hadn't produce fraudulent document I wouldn't even have known that he had to do a med board before I was discharged.

10. I'd appreciate feedback on how the Med Board went (and if they paid your expenses) & if they followed PAP 10.

11. Just finished attending the board and once again PAP 10 was not followed. All they tried to do was justified what happened and make excuses. Wasted journey so I'm going a head with the service complain.

12. Hi all,

I was badly injured earlier this year on a trg ex, I have been P-0 for 6 months now and im getting a review from my MO in 2 weeks, he has told me that I will be getting recommended for a Formal med board in December and most likely facing a MD as I can fire a weapon system.

My question is this; What does the med board consist of? what do they do/ask etc? ive done 16 years and im a SGT, the injury is not my fault, I am scared that I will get booted out without a payout or a GIP/monthly payout.
    Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

B E

13. How many bloody threads do you have to ask the same question on :pissedoff:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi this is my first post on here, I'm currently fit and represent the army and combined services in sport and have done so for four years consecutively,I have been made redundant this year under T3, the past year how ever I've struggled with my knee and shoulder and at the moment I'm seeing the phsio for treatment but its not getting any better I can still run pass all the relevant tests carry load and still play sport and compete but all with pain. The phsio has stated that my knee and shoulder will not get any better without surgery which I would need to be downgraded.
    My question is that if I get downgraded will I get taken off the redundancy? I'm passionate about the sport I play and the last thing I would want is to be kicked out.. And a thanks in advance for replies thanks.