Medical Board Oct 2019 - Med Discharge due to PTSD (NON SERVICE RELATED) where do i stand??

I am a Cpl serving in the Army for nearly 15 years.i have been on WIS twice (this time since may 2019)

i have been told i am highly likely to get medically discharged, and have a full med board in oct this year. (as in next month) i will be discharged under the grounds of PTSD/ANXIETY/DEPRESSION)

although these symptoms are incompatible with service life. they are not caused by Tour or anything that happened whilst in work. it has been caused from another traumatic event (family event) and as such has taken its toll for the last 2 years. i dont know where i stand to any financial implications from the army... will i get a med pension? will i get a payout? only recently there has been support and care from my new unit. last xmas i attempted suicide twice, and only since then has there been any support or care. for the last 18 months prior to that the units, only did what they had to do (to tick boxes) the support and care wasnt there, and caused me to attempt suicide in dec last year. now because this ptsd isnt directly the armys fault. where do i stand... will i get a kick and thrown out the door with nothing... or will i get any financial incentive...?? or entitlements?

regards

Jon

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I suggest you go and speak to your welfare Officer and, perhaps, the unit padre.

I suggest you go and speak to your welfare Officer and, perhaps, the unit padre.
im not one to speak to the padre.... never have i dont believe. i have been in comms with the uwo for some months. and he is finding out what he can, but hes only one guy, theres 1000s of you guys :)

You are not entitled to AFCS as the PTSD is not service related. You should be entitled to a pension (Service Invaliding) which will be subject to tax.

You need to ask regarding your pension. Concentrate on your resettlement, if you don’t already have a degree the Army will Fund you through one.

Toppet

Old-Salt
im not one to speak to the padre.... never have i dont believe. i have been in comms with the uwo for some months. and he is finding out what he can, but hes only one guy, theres 1000s of you guys :)
I am a strong atheist. I consulted a padre twice in my career.

They are non judgemental and dont mind that you're not religious - they have a wealth of experience in helping people in difficult times, no matter the persons background or beliefs (or lack of).

Tuffty

War Hero
Remember to keep a diary of all names dates meeting etc prior to leaving, you will need it once your out and try to claim for anything.

Once out go to the Legion they are v helpful

The padre can some times do more at the CoC will listen to them.
From you're title go see padre at unit and ask them for help & guidance they WILL help you.
Its not about them being religious but getting you the help you need.

The padre can some times do more at the CoC will listen to them.
From you're title go see padre at unit and ask them for help & guidance they WILL help you.
Its not about them being religious but getting you the help you need.
Spot on, they cut through the chain of command and can say things chaps with your cap badge wouldn't dream of saying. They are well worth having in your corner along with the UWO.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
I am a Cpl serving in the Army for nearly 15 years.i have been on WIS twice (this time since may 2019)

i have been told i am highly likely to get medically discharged, and have a full med board in oct this year. (as in next month) i will be discharged under the grounds of PTSD/ANXIETY/DEPRESSION)

although these symptoms are incompatible with service life. they are not caused by Tour or anything that happened whilst in work. it has been caused from another traumatic event (family event) and as such has taken its toll for the last 2 years. i dont know where i stand to any financial implications from the army... will i get a med pension? will i get a payout? only recently there has been support and care from my new unit. last xmas i attempted suicide twice, and only since then has there been any support or care. for the last 18 months prior to that the units, only did what they had to do (to tick boxes) the support and care wasnt there, and caused me to attempt suicide in dec last year. now because this ptsd isnt directly the armys fault. where do i stand... will i get a kick and thrown out the door with nothing... or will i get any financial incentive...?? or entitlements?

regards

Jon
I do not know which scheme you were in before 1 April 2015 but the article in this magazine covers combination benefits for those who have AFPS 75/15 and AFPS 05/15 rights, and a condition in Tier 1 (which is the Tier that most conditions seem to get put in).
Here’s November Pathfinder

Latest Threads