medical appeals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm looking to join the rifles battalion but my medical declaration got denied due to me get treated for asthma once when I was a year old and given a pump. I never after that used a pump every again and didn't even know I had it until my rgmd got rejected. I haven't used a pump in over four years, I never used oral steroids and I never been in intensive care. What is my chances of being aloud to join and how long does the appeal process take? I sent my appeal letter last Friday and haven't heard anything yet.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
it'll take time, use the search function as this question has been asked more times than I care to think.

if you have not used it for that length of time you'll be fine, just a case of waiting

D

Deleted 4886

Hi I'm looking to join the rifles battalion but my medical declaration got denied due to me get treated for asthma once when I was a year old and given a pump. I never after that used a pump every again and didn't even know I had it until my rgmd got rejected. I haven't used a pump in over four years, I never used oral steroids and I never been in intensive care. What is my chances of being aloud to join and how long does the appeal process take? I sent my appeal letter last Friday and haven't heard anything yet.
'Given a pump at one', 'never used it again' 'haven't used it in 4 years'. Which on is it?

I got the pump when I was one used it until it ran out and never picked up another prescription. I only wrote the stuff about being symptoms free for four years plus because that that's a question on the appeal letter

it'll take time, use the search function as this question has been asked more times than I care to think.

if you have not used it for that length of time you'll be fine, just a case of waiting

Thanks for the reply I guess I'm just a little impatient waiting and not knowing what's going to happen. I just had a look the other medical appeal threads most I see wasn't asthma related if they were they was something like they have asthma but only use a pump when is cold.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the reply I guess I'm just a little impatient waiting and not knowing what's going to happen. I just had a look the other medical appeal threads most I see wasn't asthma related if they were they was something like they have asthma but only use a pump when is cold.

you didn't look very hard, seriously the asthma as a child/wasn't asthma but a chest infection has been mentioned on here more often than a certain rifle or a particular diesel train.

Just wait

now shush child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads