Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted some advise as I have recently been rejected to join the army. My medical records state I had a long history of depression from 2015-2017. I don’t agree it was a long history of depression. I went to the doctors in 2015 as I was homeless and was seeking advise, due to my low mood at the time my doctor gave me a one off prescription of anti depressants.. shoot forward to 2016 I went to the doctors feeling low due to a relationship breakdown and was just given medication again and sent on my way. Just an FYI I never took the medication I just gathered my doctor was just fobbing me off with it each time. In 2017 I went to the doctors as I wanted some advise as I was messed around with my job paying me (I didn’t get paid) and I had rent etc that was due. The doctors put that down as anxiety. Apart from the 2016 account I would say 2015 or 2017 was not depression or anxiety but I called my doctors surgery and explained this and they wouldn’t write me a letter saying they were individual cases. I am going to try and get a letter from another doctor stating it wasn’t a long history of depression and just misunderstood visits to the doctor seeking advise.

Anyone think I am doing the right thing or think I should be doing anything else? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also with this being said would I get anywhere with an appeal? I’ve read it’s totally case by case but any personal opinions would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads