Medical appeal

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Immy1, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys. i failed my inital medical assesment and am just after some advice regarding appealing the decision. my medical records state In 2006 I went docs with low mood and i said I thought I might be depressed. It doesn't say the docs said I was depressed. He gave me tablets which I never took. There was no councilling or follow up visit. And then in 2011 it says i had post natal depression, which I'm not sure was actually depression but will need to speak to doctors in more detail and see what they say about that. I realise depression has a 3 year wait before you can apply again but I've also read about postnatal depression needing 2 years clear so I'm presuming I can appeal and apply again. In your opinion would I need to mention the 2006 episode as my doctor didnt state I was depressed, more a series of events causing low mood. Or would I be best not mentioning that? I'm not trying to hide anything but also dont want to draw attention to anything that hasn't been asked for. If I don't mention it will i be given a chance to explain the incident at a later date or will I automatically be kicked out? Again my notes just say I came in saying I thought I was depressed, not that I was diagnosed as depressed.

Also any advice on writing an appeal letter would be appreciated and also if you think I have any chance at all
    Many thanks again
    (I've also wrote this on another thread but haven't had any response as yet)

2. They never take the tablets...

3. Yes you have, you just don't like the answers.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/just-ta/200004-medical-appeal.html#post5125466

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What was the question again?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

By some miracle, both Jarrod and The Snail appear to be sober, coherent and correct.

You already have a thread running, so this one is now locked.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.