Medical and Comp discharge for serving couple?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jay213, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all,

    After a bit of constructive advice if anyone can help. My partner and I are both serving albeit in different units and she is due to be MD'd however at present i am acting as a carer and would need to more so when she is discharged.

    How can i go about a comp discharge?, also, I would appreciate any advice on both procedures.

  2. Jay,

    Speak to your Tp Comd in the first instance. Then talk to your RCMO for advice. Visit your Company Office and read Queen's Regs Chap 9.4, which details how and why you can be released, and one of those paragraph covers just such an eventuality (for family reasons).

    However, I cannot recommend that you throw in the towel so soon. How on earth will you live? Where will you live? You must engage with Social Services before you sign off, IMHO.

    Have you and your wife engaged with Army Welfare Services via your respective Welfare Officers? Have you both spoken to your Padres?

    Happy to discuss via PM, if you want.