Medical AFTER BARB?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by JoshMillss, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right so I have my BARB booked for the 26th this month,And after that I beleive it's a medical.
    Am I right?
    If so,What do they do,By this I mean tests and such.
    Thanks in advance!

2. You will get a questionnaire that need to be filled out by your doctor mate, from there you will then be booked for interviews depending on your BARB test score and the questionnaire feedback. It is not a examination, just a basic questionnaire.

3. Oh right,I've heard rumours there's ball groping,**** examining etc
    Must be rumours then haha,I'll be shocked if I get a cold finger of latex up my ass :)

4. ball groping will be on the Selection Weekend at your ADSC

5. Right,I don't give a toss,but what's the need to grope a blossoming 15 year old lad's bollocks after a hard,sweaty 1.5mile run :D

6. referring to yarco there i would of thought you to of sent your medical forms of to your GP already this like said involves questions relating to med history any conditions ect that could effect you in Army life.The army medical will not come until you have successfully completed Barb and interview stages where you will be sent to selection centre.The medical will involve some ball groping to check for lumps ect.. but your dont get the fun of thinger up your ass till you get to your unit

7. adding to that medical is done on arriving all physical activity is taken when given ok from examination

8. Personally I can't wait for my nads to get groped by the MO , I've been practacing already with my Grandad :twisted:

9. dont worry the ball groping is for the Life Guards pretending to be medics

10. Ball groping I think is to check for any hernias in that area, as the perineum in males is quite weak and its relatively easy to develop a hernia there.

As for the rest of the medical, I've been told its just like any safety critical pre-employment medical.

11. And of course squatting down in the medical officers office and walking like a crab... Naked... Like butt naked... I shit you not, also naked pressups and other activities. Just erm... Enjoy it for what it is.

12. Ah, I'm not the only one.

13. Nope we all do it. (we is me and my brother) my granddad is a pro..
    Medical is fun, especially when your Dr looks like a bull dog, makes damn sure nothing goes hard 8)
    The ball groping is to test the testicles have dropped, and that you have two real ones is it not? And the naked crab walk and press ups etc, are really fun, especially the press ups, your dick end keeps touching the cold hard floor, really sends a tickle up your spine :twisted:
    Enjoy, I know i did :p

14. What the fcuk.

15. :? Did I say something a bit strange? :evil: