Medic!

A (somewhat) shameless plug for the book Medic - Saving Lives From Dunkirk To Afghanistan

but there is a (I think) great story in today's Daily Mail about Sgt Maj Andy Stockton (RA) and the medic, Cpl Gary Lawrence (RAMC) who saved his life. Tony and I wrote this piece in support of the Mail's SSAFA appeal:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-amazing-tale-heroism-woman-saved-him.html

You can see Andy and Gary talking about the incident on GMTV at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gmtv?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/41/y0aHaAsXHlA

Yes he is. John I have your book under the tree so don't tell me the end it will spoil my Christmas Day. What I read before it was snatched off me in Waterstones looked very good. For once I hope they don’t all die in the end.

For those that don’t know ARRSE is mentioned and thanked but you will have to buy it to see that.

cbramc - the ending is truly happy. 'ish.

v-man - If you explain to the assembled masses how/where/why I owe you that tenner..............I'll happily pay it back.

love and kisses xxxx

aha! The gentle ribbing from Arrse'ers! To answer:

1. Did I get bummed - no...but a couple of my jailors showed an unhealthy, and rather worrying interest in my nether regions.

2. Whilst I admit to singing (not quite like a canary) I'd protest the description of crying!

3. And you'll need to explain more about "mk1 fingers" to be honest?

cheers to all
John Nichol
Medic - Saving Lives From Dunkirk To Afghanistan

It's a shame this was scribbled on.

SSAFA needs support - even from
Mail readers. SSAFA's network of caseworkers provide the support to so many, and are de facto the main way to secure individual grants to those in need. Hope the campaign does well for them.

JohnNichol said:
aha! The gentle ribbing from Arrse'ers! To answer:

1. Did I get bummed - no...but a couple of my jailors showed an unhealthy, and rather worrying interest in my nether regions.

2. Whilst I admit to singing (not quite like a canary) I'd protest the description of crying!

3. And you'll need to explain more about "mk1 fingers" to be honest? Easy,when fancy box off tricks doesn't work you push the button,flick the switch,pull the trigger etc.using one of those things on the end off your hands called fingers,one off which should be poised ready to do so!

cheers to all
John Nichol

JohnNichol said:
cbramc - the ending is truly happy. 'ish.

v-man - If you explain to the assembled masses how/where/why I owe you that tenner..............I'll happily pay it back.

love and kisses xxxx
Strangely enough 'love and kisses' was how it started.
Probably best we leave it at that.If you have a spare tenner,give it to H4H.

v.man - you have me at a disadvantage sir! I am at a total loss! Was it me or you doing the kissing - or god forbid, both....together? Please tell me a lady was involved somewhere? Am happy to send a donation to H4H (or SSAFA, as that's how this started) for more info.

And C.mounty, I'm now at even more of a loss to see what it is you are referring to.

Don't forget to check the Daily Mail's Christmas campaign in support of SSAFA.

best
John Nichol

Cabana said:
I am worried about all this kissing business with no ladies. Methinks Jarrod may appear on the scene soon!
well he is ex Crab Air

and yes i can confirm this is the kosher John Nichol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
S Aviation 3
C The Intelligence Cell 15