Medic - Saving Lives From Dunkirk to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JohnNichol, Oct 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to thank all of the members of the Arrse website who helped me with the book I started nearly 3 years ago.

"Medic - Saving Lives From Dunkirk To Afghanistan" is published later this month and the serialisation started in the Daily Mail today (Saturday the 10th) - it will also run on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday next week.

There is an acknowledgement on the first page to the countless Arrse-ers who provided contacts and information and many of you will know people who appear in the book - and quite a few of you appear in person! The simple fact is, that without Arrse, I would never have found so many truly amazing characters.

I interviewed hundreds of serving and retired men and women and I can honestly say that - even after 15 years service myself - I was truly astonished by what I heard. Sadly, I couldn't use every account, but I hope I have done all those who entrusted their stories with me justice.

Once again, many thanks to all who populate this site.

John Nichol