Medic Armband

If you have anything to do with the collection, treatment or evacuation of casualties then you can have it. i.e RLC Ambi driver, REME guy fixing the hosp's A/C.

Not that with no-medical pers then the red cross is a lot smaller than the one medics get (Its about half the size.)

Look on the law of armed conflict thread for more info, its got all the biz on there!

T C

And they get a little stamp and an ID card to prove you are who you say you are.

I think bandsmen used to get a different one to actual medics, as did the drivers and others.

rad ops are speshul, they kan reed n right

Who wears what size red cross is governed by the Geneva Conventions. FIdent 107, and full-size red cross, is issued to medical personnel directly involved with patients such as doctors, nurses, chaplains and so on. FIdent 106, and small red cross, is issued to support personnel such as cooks and drivers.

The FIdent 106/107 confers a special status on the holder if they becom PW - providing, of course that the captors subscribe to the Conventions. Essentially, PW med personnel should only be employed on medical duties, and should be exchanged at the earliest opportunity.

effing hell VB does everything you spout come straight from some book.

I bet your a right laugh on a night out. How thick are your specs?

Have you ever been punched really hard on your nose for being a boring Cnut!! If not you fuc*ing well deserve to have done.

smithy749 said:
effing hell VB does everything you spout come straight from some book.

I bet your a right laugh on a night out. How thick are your specs?

Have you ever been punched really hard on your nose for being a boring Cnut!! If not you fuc*ing well deserve to have done.
Smithy, Get a day job you looser.

T C

Or is it because you dislike people who know more than you, Smithy...........

Are you suggesting as an Ex RSM of a med unit I didnt know the rules governing red crosses. Get with it. What it does show is that you haven't been attending your annual training or you would have known it.

Stick to your job that doesnt contain drinking and colourful language. What 7 years didn't train you to do was sharpen up thats for cetain. Dullard.

why would anyone want to wear one anyway?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
S Aviation 3
C The Intelligence Cell 15