Media

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jake, Feb 15, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a straw poll and not in anyway scientific  ;)

2. OOOps! - Disclaimer, Straw poll (no links to anyone of that name ...)

3. Trusted on what?

• Trusted not to sleep with your wife? NO
    • Trusted not to be sleazy, alcoholic, fast-driving, coke-snorting chain smokers? NO
    • Trusted to pay you the £5,000 they promised for the story of your botched penis enlargement operation? NO
    • Trusted not to laugh about your botched penis enlargement story behind your back after they finish being Mother Teresa-empathetic to your face? NO
    • Trusted to be double-dealing, self-serving, ambulance-chasing, colleague-shafting, sub-human slimeballs who believe that rules only apply to other people? YES

But.... if this poll is really about whether they can be trusted to write the truth then I believe that most of them can most of the time.

Am I proud to be a one of them?  YES!

4. And another thing..... we have the BEST media in the world.  For diversity, quality and integrity, we are world leaders.  

5. Mmmmmm.......British media & trustworthiness?  Two words which appear very out of place when used in the same sentence.  

6. In the interests of accuracy I think you'll find that that is three words "British media & trustworthiness"   - just to prove accuracy you understand ..   ;)

7. Got to agree there Ma_sonic

Bit like having the words Playschool and Anthrax in the same sentence

8. I can't answer that question Sir!....  ;) ;) ;)

9. Forces_Sweetheart - I have to agree with you, and also admire your sound judgement and objectivity!!  ;) :D ;)

10. The Media are slime balls with the integrity of a sh-t house rat.

Chris

11. The wordsBritish Media and Trust should NEVER be associated with each other :mad: :mad:

12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Trusted?  Don't know about that, but at least we live in a society that doesn't censor or control the media (with the exception of Maxwell and Murdoch obviously).

13. What are all your threads in aid of Jake?  One wanted to know what we thought the role of the 'hack' was in conflict? Then you start fishing for identities and other information and now you want to know if we like you?

You're a wee but insecure aren't you.......if I were you, go and see someone about it.  W*nker.

14. I would say that all/any questions I've asked deserve a reasonable reply... on what is (after all a public site) ... So, unlike Ma_Sonic - I have not resorted to personal abuse .. just now curious as to why he is anti-media, what has happened in his job, has he been 'had over' in the press, if so, now he can tell his side of the story.......