Media

Trusted on what?

• Trusted not to sleep with your wife? NO
  • Trusted not to be sleazy, alcoholic, fast-driving, coke-snorting chain smokers? NO
  • Trusted to pay you the £5,000 they promised for the story of your botched penis enlargement operation? NO
  • Trusted not to laugh about your botched penis enlargement story behind your back after they finish being Mother Teresa-empathetic to your face? NO
  • Trusted to be double-dealing, self-serving, ambulance-chasing, colleague-shafting, sub-human slimeballs who believe that rules only apply to other people? YES

But.... if this poll is really about whether they can be trusted to write the truth then I believe that most of them can most of the time.

Am I proud to be a one of them?  YES!

Mmmmmm.......British media & trustworthiness?  Two words which appear very out of place when used in the same sentence.  

J

jake

Mmmmmm.......British media & trustworthiness?  Two words which appear very out of place when used in the same sentence.  

In the interests of accuracy I think you'll find that that is three words "British media & trustworthiness"   - just to prove accuracy you understand ..   ;)

Got to agree there Ma_sonic

Bit like having the words Playschool and Anthrax in the same sentence

J

jake

Forces_Sweetheart - I have to agree with you, and also admire your sound judgement and objectivity!!  ;) :D ;)

Trusted?  Don't know about that, but at least we live in a society that doesn't censor or control the media (with the exception of Maxwell and Murdoch obviously).

What are all your threads in aid of Jake?  One wanted to know what we thought the role of the 'hack' was in conflict? Then you start fishing for identities and other information and now you want to know if we like you?

You're a wee but insecure aren't you.......if I were you, go and see someone about it.  W*nker.

J

jake

I would say that all/any questions I've asked deserve a reasonable reply... on what is (after all a public site) ... So, unlike Ma_Sonic - I have not resorted to personal abuse .. just now curious as to why he is anti-media, what has happened in his job, has he been 'had over' in the press, if so, now he can tell his side of the story.......

I.. just now curious as to why he is anti-media, what has happened in his job, has he been 'had over' in the press, if so, now he can tell his side of the story.......
Good pitch Jake, aways start at the upper end of Maslow's higherarchy of needs.  I like the way you have empathised with the Subject here as well, always important to build on rapport at every opportunity.

Make sure you only get one side of the story as well, that way it's easier to milk it for everything you can.
Unfortunately, your profession does not evaluate each story and grade it according to both Relaiability and Accuracy.

Hmmm I feel an ISO for journalism coming on and a whole new Quango waiting just over the horizon

I.. just now curious as to why he is anti-media, what has happened in his job, has he been 'had over' in the press, if so, now he can tell his side of the story.......
Good pitch Jake, aways start at the upper end of Maslow's higherarchy of needs.  I like the way you have empathised with the Subject here as well, always important to build on rapport at every opportunity.

Make sure you only get one side of the story as well, that way it's easier to milk it for everything you can.
Unfortunately, your profession does not evaluate each story and grade it according to both Relaiability and Accuracy.

Hmmm I feel an ISO for journalism coming on and a whole new Quango waiting just over the horizon

Jake I suppose I owe some one an apology

So to all those Sh#t House Rats out there, I am extremely sorry that I inferred that you were as low as any thing living in Fleet Street.