Media silence

Or indeed anybody on their behalf. Even if those who might have been offended in fact weren't.
What about us people who are offended by people who are offended on behalf of people who may or may not be offended eh? Who is going to be offended on our behalf?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm very worried. My little dog Milo raises his paw to anyone he thinks may be about to give him a doggy biscuit or similar. I always thought it was a 'give us a paw' thing but now... the little nazi bar steward is trying to get me locked up for hate crime.
I feel your pain. Charley Girl frequently greets me by runnning halfway up the stairs and giving me a Nazi salute. I have not taught her this so I can only assume she is genetically disposed to be a far right hitler-worshipping bastard.

I feel your pain. Charley Girl frequently greets me by runnning halfway up the stairs and giving me a Nazi salute. I have not taught her this so I can only assume she is genetically disposed to be a far right hitler-worshipping bastard.
There is obviously a canine movement planning to take ove the world once they have got the humans locked up.

Heil Fido.

So are we going to nod sagely at the traditional news media's silence
The traditional media have had their lunch eaten by on-line information and hate it with a passion They want on-line news traffic shut down. They just don't understand that they are offering their wrists to the manacles in the process...

The traditional media have had their lunch eaten by on-line information and hate it with a passion They want on-line news traffic shut down. They just don't understand that they are offering their wrists to the manacles in the process...
But the problem with 'online' is that is either fake news, or sensationalist BS, posted by some numskull who wants their 15 minutes of fame...

But the problem with 'online' is that is either fake news, or sensationalist BS, posted by some numskull who wants their 15 minutes of fame...
Mainstream media have no claim to clean hands when it comes to fake news, irrelevant tittle-tattle, or the shameless mixing of news and editorial in one article... Their stuff appears under the impimatur of a "respected" news source, while most of us can spot the ravings of an armadillo hat wearing fukcwit in less than 30 seconds...

Mainstream media have no claim to clean hands when it comes to fake news, irrelevant tittle-tattle, or the shameless mixing of news and editorial in one article... Their stuff appears under the impimatur of a "respected" news source, while most of us can spot the ravings of an armadillo hat wearing fukcwit in less than 30 seconds...
Anything to sell papers.
And as media spend goes more and more online, so the papers respond by publishing more twaddle, in the hopes of boosting flagging sales.
One asks 'Who actually reads this shyte?" and the obvious answer is 'Somebody must, or they wouldn't print it"

Even more frightening, in an age when access to info is better than ever, is the generation of muppets who never read the news in the papers, even online.

Here's Harriet Harman making a "joke" about the Holocaust that is indisputably grossly offensive. Andrew Neil, her interviewer, is obviously offended. Has Hattie been nicked or are lefties immune from hate speech legislation?

I'm very worried. My little dog Milo raises his paw to anyone he thinks may be about to give him a doggy biscuit or similar. I always thought it was a 'give us a paw' thing but now... the little nazi bar steward is trying to get me locked up for hate crime.
Does you dog bring the Daily Heil back from the newsagents without being trained to do so?.

If so you had better turn yourself in to the plod.

Here's Harriet Harman making a "joke" about the Holocaust that is indisputably grossly offensive. Andrew Neil, her interviewer, is obviously offended. Has Hattie been nicked or are lefties immune from hate speech legislation?

I think to be fair to Comrade Harperson, she was highlighting this as a tasteless joke.

However with their track record, the left may well be immune from prosecution for anti-semitism. If this was not so, Comrade Corbyn and most of the labour Party would be doing bird by now.

Is it a German Shepherd?

The traditional news media's silence is deafening, as to the battle for freedom of speech, while it has begun the UK is in danger of sleepwalking into the embrace of thought speech.

The irony is rich that on Sunday the 19th of March 2018, after many thousands turned up to show that, free speech must be protected, that Markus Meechan aka 'Count Dankula' has been found guilty of being "grossly offensive" under the 'Communications Act 2003' and now awaits sentencing after being arrested in April 2017, in all likelyhood I have no doubt he will get a custodial sentence.

Mr Meechan is to some, no doubt an offensive figure and to others a shiteposting genius. The reality is though being a offensive cnut is not illegal, or so we thought. We have seen here on ARRSE the best and the worst of 'comedy' across all the forums and some have seen or heard of the the 'Co's' less than entertaining 'interview sans coffee' with the police. At that time many on both sides of the discussion on that 'Thread' were pointing out that the UK, was entering a slippery slope of thought crime being enabled by nebulous 'hate speech laws' that take no account of context.

Was saying 'Gas the jews' to his girlfriends pug stupid, thoughtless and crass, absolutely it was but should it be made a crime, absolutely not. Well known comedians who are not exactly right leaning supports, have expressed there dismay at this affair, and many public figures.

There is a growing diquiet that Mr Meechan's conviction will see an even heavy handed use of hate laws that do not need a crime to be commited and can be processed by anonymous accusations of 'Hurt feeling or mental distress' being made. There had not been a complaint made to the police yet they proceeded to arrest charge and with the willing cooperation of the CPS Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service prosecute, an individual for being a perhaps an unthinking idiot.

Is the current societal model of social cohesion not been broken enough with modern progressive cultural social engineering, vigorously fitting square pegs into round hole.

In Mr Meechan own words.

Count Dankula (@CountDankulaTV) | Twitter

This is not new 18 Oct 2012

So are we going to nod sagely at the traditional news media's silence, or should you consider that if we are silent now, and then wonder why it is so silent when your thoughts and words are taken out of context.

edited formating.

Edit correction cps to Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
Given the media's habit of quoting and portraying darned near everything out of context as a basic tool of their trade you'd think they'd be howling about this from the rooftops.

We've got a cat that rolls on its back and lifts a front leg in a sieg heil because it wants you to tickle it's "arm pit".
One of the kids is bound to have stuck a vid of that on YouTube.
I'm carrying a spare toothbrush in the event I'm plucked off the streets for re-education.