Media requests

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by ViroBono, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

There have recently been a rash of requests from the media for ARRSERs to contribute to articles and programmes. ARRSE has always been useful to journalists (I met a BBC News Editor who told me that ARRSE is the first place they look when they want to put SofS Defence on the spot), and not all are hostile.

Should a specific 'Media requests' forum be set up to concentrate all such matters in one place? A sticky at the top could set the boundaries e.g. all requests to be cleared with Admin or a Mod first.
  2. I'd like to be I/C of dealing with Sophie Raworth please.
  3. Not sure that that would be necessary- this isn't a restricted site and individuals replying to such requests from the Media are essentially free to do so.

Really all that can be done is to hope anyone who does speak to journalists uses a bit of common sense and doesn't bring the military into disrepute.
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This is not the case; serving members of the armed forces are not permitted to speak to the media without permission.
  5. Yes, i am aware of that, but its very hard to police it with regards to this site.
    As much as service personnel are prohibited from freestyling with the media, that doesn't mean that some won't do so regardless of rules and protocol
  6. Ah right, but would she want to be dealing with YOU me dears?? :winkrazz:

Good idea VB, one of your better ones since the impersonation of Paul D a few years back (hehe........)
  7. Well, she's not made of wood now is she?