Media player 11...DVD playback why no sound?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by swampmonster, Jan 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As above....done all the usual stuff and nope nothing even re-installed the bugger..still nothing :(

werid thing is its only with DVD's and nothing else...screen is fine clear as a bell..but no sound at all.. 8O

any ideas ? :?
  2. Turn off mute:)

3. your a knob :roll:
  4. anyway of getting the codec pack without the Zango download ?
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

6. Try This open Media Player

Media player - Tools - Devices and have a look at the sound configs too see if your speakers/Headset is configured correct. This happens to the kids PC everyonce in a while. If not have another look in the Control Panel sound options again and see how its set from there.

Hoope it helps
  7. Thanks for the compliment, better than being a twat. Male genitals being far more useful. Glad that your sense of humour has been vexed, are you ex Int Corps by any chance. Dicksplash.
  8. Use nero Showtime.
    Media player is pish
  9. Is it just sound on dvds in media player or have you tried playing dvds in other programs? Are any other sounds on the comp not working?
  10. yup..just on Media on Div x and the rest....think i will try another player... :roll:

Nero Showtime...Mmmmm worth a try :)
  11. I have power DVD works ok
  12. it came with Power DVD, but after the laptop got a shock of a power surge it was gone.. god bless Army power plants ! :)
  13. You said you have DivX i would stick with that. Fcuking superb.