Medals

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Praetorian, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Obviously the TA don't get the LS&GC, as we have the VRSM, but whats the score with repeat tours? Does it count towards the ACSM?

Just asking for a mate, thats all :)

P

2. Yes - the TA are eligible for the ACSM. You have to be a bit of a nutter to get one, though. Repeat tours count towards the total number of days' service.

3. what is it 1000 days? UN & NATO Tours don't count.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It would only take about 47 years of annual committment to get an LS&GC, bl00dy schirkers :D

5. Thing is, there are people who do a lot more than 30 days a year who probably could do that amount of time!

6. 1080 days. UN & NATO Tours don't count.

7. I got my VRSM after 7 years of service !

but I did manage 6 years with the regs in between (reg service counted as half) !

8. Why don't we petition the Government to bring back the TD?

9. msr

msr LE

Good idea - this may help with the catastrophic collapse in Officer numbers...

msr

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Because one of the main things that united certain sections of the Reglular Army when the Honours system was 'modernised' (i.e. they got rid of the BEM and the TD) was to stop TA Officers receiving a post-nominal award. this was seen, by the Regulars, as not fair, as they couldn't get one.

May seem sad, and a bit of a TA rant, but it's true. Oh well......

11. msr

msr LE

So rather than petition for one for themselves, they went for the cheap shot and removed ours? Typical...

msr

12. I only need another 140 days and having been warned for Herrick next year it looks like a two for one tour (Three if you count the Nato ISAF thing) talking of which I hear a rumour that 3 Para lads have fcuked the rules off and are putting the ISAF gong up with there others any truth in this Fallschirmjager or is it B*llocks? :wink:

13. See my comments re nutter, above. Well done, mate (in advance, touch wood, insh'Allah, etc.)!

14. I believe that FSJ has said before that the 3 PARA SNCO's have put them up on their miniatures, not their full size ones.

15. Thats cos your a tour tart !!!!

ps phone me ya miserable tw@t!