Discussion in 'ACF' started by Bisley, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the general feeling about ACF wearing medals especially on rememberance Sunday. Obviously some people have earned them whether they be from the military, Fire Service, Police Service or Ambulance Service. What about those who wear their relatives medals on the right side of their uniform :?
  2. What sort of cnut question is that, are you intentionally trying to start a bitching session!

I may not have been a serving soldier and been deployed or operational, but I wear my medals with pride, pride that the system recognizes the work we do and are eligible for wearing such decoration.

Relatives wearing medals, good on them, it shows there family member, did something to merit .

Yes, I may have bitten and I believe you are an oxygen thief in the making, but cnuts like you make my blood boil, with posts designed to infuriate.
  3. Nothing wrong with wearing police, fire and campaign medals in my opinion, they have been earnt by the wearer at the end of the day. If you are going to the wear medals on the right hand side, i believe that the original holder should be dead, in the forces in general though you will hardly ever see people wearing medals on the right.
  4. One set of Father, Brother, Sisters Medals? I assume would be fine

Any further removed seems a bit OTT (second aunties step brother....)
    but be warned one set only!
    My Grandfathers 8, my fathers 2 plus my own might be deemed a Tad over the top by my boss :D
  5. I was only asking a question! What on earth prompted that tirade of abuse?
  6. I'm sure I've read an instruction somewhere that a relative's medals shouldn't be worn in uniform.

However, wherever my cadets have access to a relative's medals, I do encourage their display on Remembrance Day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.