Medals

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Dutch_Bird, Jul 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Arrse

I like the rank medals, they're much better than the beer bottles. It makes me feel important coz I got 2 now!!!

DB

2. ARRSE would appear to be using the GSM 62 without clasp as the ARRSE posting medal. Surely you should be awarding campaign clasps (50 posts, 100 posts etc.) rather than awarding a new medal. ARRSE is British not NATO or UN.

3. I am quite happy with the medal score. However, it would appear that ARRSE have done a MoD Style move of the goal posts. There I was working hard as a "Clueless Subbie" (4 pints) to reach the dizzy heights of "Barkin Major" (5 pints) and I find I have been downgraded to an "Old Salt" (3 gongs).

As a matter of interest, what are the various "titles" and thresholds? I have had a quick look round and I can't find anyone with 4 or more gongs apart for the Fun Police.

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

We have been playing around with things like the titles as we haven't found anything we really like, though I think we will keep the medals as they seem to be quite popular.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yes I made the medal icon from a GSM. I had to take off the bar (Vietnam on the one I copied!) as there simply isn't size for that much detail. I did wonder about multi medal racks but it took me ages to do these ones so I didn't bother.

We changed the thresholds after agreeing that having an entire site full of 5 pinters didn't really (I can't believe I'm about to type this) serve any purpose. Riiiggghhhttt - like they do now. I also felt that having WO below Subby was a bit insulting. Anyway number of posts required:

0 - 10 Crow
    10- 50 Swinger
    50 - 100 Clanker
    100 - 500 Old Salt
    500 - 1000 War hero
    >1000 LE

I still think the comparison between these bulletin board ranks and army ranks is amusing. The more you say the higher you get and it matters not one bit if you talk complete rubbish.

6. I like to have a bit of banter on this and a fair bit of baiting, but there are a couple of people who take this site far to seriously, if it was that serious then surely it wouldnt be called ARRSE :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Great site though, good way of catching up with people.
    Thanks

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Fortunately we have professional baiters like Ma-Sonic who can push baiting to a higher level. Plus those talking $hit have recently increased!

8. I'm trying really hard to think of some decent sh1t to post,I'm in sniffing distance of that second gong. Mind you most of my posts are bollocks anyway!(before anyone else says it!) It does keep me out of mischief tho and the nice men take my straight jacket off for me to type. :wink:

9. congrats on the 2nd gong, well done youve made it

10. What a great site!!!

The medals are a nice touch,it will also make the "stay at home soldiers" amongst us feel they've achieved something!!!