Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Galloway612, Oct 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello all,

    i have a small request that I hope you can help with.

    my father erred for 24 years in the royal Irish and UDR.. He recently had to sell his medals to support himself and my mother..mi have returned from Herrick and been told by my brother.. If anyone has bought any medals belonging to David Galloway I will pay to have them returned to him..

    Both my brother and I would like to present his medals to him for his birthday.

    thank you for your help.
  2. Might be worth your while going is full of dealers and collectors alike. Someone on there may be able to help you.

    Good luck!
  3. Thank you.

    i will look online now
  4. The guys on there are very passionate with reunites. Some very knowledgable guys on the site.
  5. Again thank you.

    means a lot.. All we want is for me and my dad to stand together on rememberance Sunday with our medals.
  6. Good luck with your's a nice thing you are trying to do.
  7. Stick a search on Ebay for his army number then save search so you get an automatic Email if something gets listed. Same with his Rank / Surname perhaps.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
  8. Go and buy replacements, the important fact is that he was awarded them not the medal itself.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  9. Good luck fella. Hope you get it sorted
  10. Yes I hope he gets his originals back but as CQMS says its knowing you earned them means more and if he has to get replacements instead for the parade you all can be proud.
  11. Good luck. Excellent objective but CQMS could be suggesting the best way forward.
  12. Thanks.

    i would like to return the originals to him especially is BEM..
    Where would the best place be too find replacement medals? I am grateful for all your help and advice.
  13. Bigbury Mint ?
    Worcester Medals ?
  14. You used to be able to apply for replacement medals - at a cost - through the Army medals Office or whatever bloody agency it is now called. IIRC the gongs come stamped with an "R" for replacement after the engraving but they do have a degree of authenticity that those from a commercial source lack.
  15. They'll only replace them if they've been stolen or accidentally destroyed.

    Replacing campaign medals

    OP I hope you're search goes will and you can find his medals.