Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by slopey_shoulders, Mar 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone identify this blokes medals?

Attached Files:

2. From the left: 1939-45 Star, Aircrew Europe Star, Defence Medal and War medal.
  3. The 1st on the left looks like the 1939 - 1945 star, but the ribbon is the wrong way round by the looks of it.
  4. 39 - 45 Star
    Air Crew Europe Star
    Defence Medal
    War Medal
  5. 39 - 45 Star
    Air Crew Europe Star
    Defence Medal
    War Medal

6. Help For Heroes Star
    Liberation of Mandela commemorative medal
    QEII Coronation Medal

7. Correct.

Note CND badge. One of my neighbours, ex 13/18H, wears a CND baseball cap. He wears it with a smile and jokes that he has had enough of war!

Lots of 'old soldiers' feel that way, but as none the politicians have ever had a snowball aimed at them, we'll go on having wars.
  8. Fucking hell, if such thing as a thread which can't be twisted into a political rant exists, sign me up. :roll:
  9. Aye Mike, I agree. If the old boy served over the skies of Europe in WW2, he earned the right to pretty much say what he likes!
  10. I concur, he fought for freedom of speech and is now voicing it.
    That's how I see it working.
  11. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was about to go off on one about it being fine for those who have been there and done it to have an informed opinion about nuclear disarmament and ask "but what about CND figureheads like the laicised Catholic priest Bruce Kent?"

Only to stop, think about his age and ask, "But did he do his time?"

Turns out he did, in the RTR no less. Furry muff.