Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by BenghaziBandit, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone with better eyes than me identify these medals and bars.?
    I can read two bars but not the rest.

Attached Files:

2. From left to right Queens Sudan medal, Khedives Sudan medal, 4 bar Queens South Africa, Kings South Africa and British war Medal.
  3. Clasp on Khedives sudan looks like Khartoum, Bottom Clasp on Queens South Africa is Cape Colony, third up on same medal could be transvaal but I can't make out the others.
  4. Beaten to it by BB but I had ...

Queen's Sudan Medal.

Khedive's Sudan Medal (with Khartoum bar)

Queen's South Africa Medal (upper bars are Laing's Nek & Transvaal)

King's South Africa Medal

British War Medal (1914-20)

I think.
  5. I think the final bar (i.e. 2nd from bottom) on the Queen's South Africa is "Orange Free State".
  6. probably orange free state and natal by the look of it they are incorrectly mounted the khedives medal should be last after the british war medal
  7. And the only 2 clasps awarded for the King's South Africa were "South Africa 1901" and "South Africa 1902". So that's them then ...
  8. I will get some glasses the clasps on the QSA are Langs nek, transvaal, orange free state, cape colony
  9. As per photo of Winston here (although he hadn't got the WW1 ones yet):

10. Not too worried by the mounting, these are with a family in Canada with Grandads medals, I was just trying to read bars.
    Thanks for all help, I've advised Canada to watch this thread.
    Picture of medal holders, 'Stark' is the one we're asking of.

Attached Files:

11. Please can anyone ID these medals. The wearer is of Canadian background but they could be Australian.

I have looked around t'internet but cant find a match.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

12. The first one is the Canadian Forces Decoration...after that I am at a loss.
  13. First Medal (LHS) would appear to be the Canadian Forces Decoration, the other 2 sorry can't help they're not in the book
  14. thanks for that. do the Canadians get medals for swimming 25m and tying their bootlaces same as the septics?